Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students Facility:
Masters, PhD Level.
€750 per month for Masters students and €1000 per month for PhD students.
Scholarship for: Masters, PhD Level.
Total Scholarship: 950
Start Date: March 01, 2012
Last Date: September 01, 2012
More Info: http://www.boell.de/scholarships/scholarships.html
1. The following general requirements apply to international student/non-EU applicants who wish to study in Germany:
• Applicant must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
• Applicant should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
• Applicant need a good knowledge of German, and foundation kindly ask to provide proof of applicants proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
• Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that the Foundation can not support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
2. The following requirements apply to all German and non-German students wishing to pursue a Masters degree or post-graduate studies:
• Applicant should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
• The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot award a scholarship, if applicant are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
3. The following requirements apply to international PhD-students from outside the EU:
• Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent and must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a German institution of higher education.Apply Procedure:
Applications must be made in German language. Application deadlines are normally twice a year: 1 March and 1 September.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for details on how to apply for this scholarship :http://www.boell.de/scholarships/scholarships.htmlSpecial Note:
The scholarships are awarded for all subjects. Having in the past awarded scholarships mainly to students of the humanities, social sciences, art, and culture, the Foundation is now, in addition, particularly interested in students of economics, law, engineering, science, mathematics, and journalism.