« on: March 04, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
Hungarian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
Bachelor, Masters, MPhil, PhD, PGD Level.
Bachelor, Masters, MPhil, PhD, PGD Level.
* A - semester/partial studies (3-10 months) Available for:
undergraduate (BA/BSc) and graduate (MA/MSc) students (enrolled at foreign higher education institutions), especially those majoring in Hungarian Language and Literature and students participating in a single degree track university programme (such as General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Studies, Veterinary Studies, Architecture, Studies in Law, etc.). Before application, students are required to have completed minimum two semesters at their home institutions. For ‘Type A’ scholarship students may apply only on one occasion during their Bachelor’s studies, and once during their Master’s studies.
* B - postgraduate studies, research (3-21 days or 1-10 months) Available for:
applicants holding a Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree, including PhD students who intend to do research for their dissertation and wish to stay in Hungary for less than 10 months. (However, PhD students cannot earn credits during the scholarship period at the host university.)
* C/1 - full PhD programme (36 months)
The scholarship is conditional upon successful entrance exam/admission to the respective Hungarian doctoral school where no tuition fee is required.
* C/2 - partial PhD studies (10 months)
Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme at an accredited higher education institution in their home country or in a foreign country (but not in Hungary).
* D - postdoctoral studies, research (1-10 months)
Applicants must hold a PhD or an equivalent degree.
* E - research stay (3-21 days or 1-10 months)
Available for associate professors or high-ranking academics as well as researchers holding minimum a PhD or an equivalent degree.
* F - summer courses in the summer of 2013 (2-4 weeks)
Only courses published in the list of ‘Summer Courses 2013’ on the HSB website can be selected. You may select three different courses but your scholarship will allow you to participate only in one course.
*** Cases of Non-Eligibility :
1. Foreign citizens with a residence/immigration permit or in the course of applying for such a permit in Hungary.
2. Foreign citizens with permanent residence in Hungary.
3. Foreign citizens employed on a permanent basis as defined by the Hungarian Labour Law.
4. Students in employment applying for part-time or correspondence study programmes.
5. Students applying for programmes not financed by the Hungarian State.
6 Students admitted to higher education host institutions where tuition fee is required.
*** Age Limit For Applicants:
1. Applicants for semester/partial studies (type A) must be under 30.
2. Applicants for postgraduate studies (type B) must be under 40.
3. Applicants for PhD scholarships (types C1 and C2) must be under 35.
4. Applicants for postdoctoral scholarships (type D) must be under 45.
* There is no age limit for the following types of scholarships:
1. Research stay (type E)
2. Summer university course (type F).
* A. Semester/partial studies (3-10 months):
HUF 40,460 stipend per month, paid by the host institution, and student hostel accommodation in a university residence hall paid by the scholarship-holder.
* B. Postgraduate studies, research (3-21 days or 1-10 months):
HUF 79,200 stipend per month and HUF 70 000 accommodation allowance per month, for scholarships 21 days or shorter, accommodation allowance and a stipend of HUF 3000/day. These amounts are paid by the HSB Office.
* C/1. Full PhD programme (36 months):
HUF 100,000 per month, paid by the host institution, and student hostel accommodation in a university residence hall paid by the scholarship-holder
* C/2. Partial PhD studies (12 months):
HUF 100,000 per month, paid by the host institution, and student hostel accommodation in a university residence hall paid by the scholarship-holder.
* D. Postdoctoral studies,research (1-10 months):
HUF 118,800 per month and HUF 80,000 accommodation allowance per month, paid by the HSB Office.
* E. Research stay (3-21 days or 1-10 months):
HUF 118,800 per month, and HUF 80,000 accommodation allowance per month, for scholarships lasting 21 days or shorter, accommodation allowance and a stipend of HUF 3000/day. These amounts are paid by the HSB Office.
* F. Summer courses in 2013 (1-4 weeks):
Tuition-free courses, free accommodation and meals.
*** NOTE: The scholarship is meant to cover the living expenses of one person only, so there is no available financing or visa exemption for accompanying members of the family or any other persons. Neither visa related fees nor any other costs related to the grantee’s stay in Hungary shall be compensated for. Travel expenses to Hungary and back to the country of origin are not covered by the Hungarian Scholarship Board.
Applications must be submitted in two ways:
1. Online through the HSB website,
2. In printed version sent by post.
*** Note: Applications must be submitted in both ways. Office will only accept applications sent by post as well as through the online system by the given deadline.
1. Online application: Applicants have to register and upload their application material through the HSB website before starting the online procedure please read Online Application Guidelines carefully.
Deadline of the online application: 8th April 2013 (Monday midnight).
2. Printed version: must be sent by post to the following address:
Balassi Intézet, MÖB Iroda
1519 Budapest Pf. 385
*** Note: For those applying under the system of bilateral agreements the application deadline might be earlier, as determined by the national scholarship office of the given country.
Authority suggest that applicants keep a copy of the application documents.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Scholarship for: Bachelor, Masters, MPhil, PhD, PGD Level.
Start Date: February 26, 2013
Last Date: April 08, 2013