01. If Anwar gets 2 taka from Boby, they will have the same amount of money. If Boby gets 2 taka from Anwar, he will have thrice as much money as Anwar. How much money did Boby had ?
(A) 6 (B) 8 (C) 10
(D) 12 (E) None of these
02. A train covers a distance of 80 km at a speed of 40 km/hr for the first 60 km and the remaining distance at a speed of 20 km/hr. What is the average speed (in km/hr) of the train on the journey ?
(A) 24 (B) 25 (C) 30 (D) 32 (E) 80
03. In an examination, 35% of the total students failed in Bangla, 45% failed in English and 20% in Both. Percentage of total students passed in both the subjects is :
(A) 10 (B) 20 (C) 30 (D) 40 (E) None of these
04. A number consists of two digits. The sum of the digit is 9. If 63 is substracted from the number, its digits are interchanged. Kind the number :
(A) 90 (B) 81 (C) 72 (D) 63 (E) None of these
05. What is the sum of the numbers from 1 to 50 ?
(A) 1000 (B) 1275 (C) 850 (D) 1250 (E) None of these
06. What is the highest common factor of 20, 30 and 60 ?
(A) 2 (B) 5 (C) 10 (D) 15 (E) None of these
07. If y is the smallest positive integer such that 3,150 multiplied by y is the square of an integer, than y must be
(A) 2 (B) 5 (C) 6 (D) 7 (E) 14
08. If x books cost Tk 50 and y books cost Tk. 80 each, then the average (arithmetic mean) cost, in taka per book, is equal to
(C) (50x+80y)/30 (D) 4000xy/(x+y) (E) None of these
09. If a, b and c are consecutive positive integers and a (A) abc (B) a+b+c (C) a+bc (D) a(b+c) (E) (a+b) (b+c)
10. A 30% discount reduces the price of a watch by Tk. 90. If the discount was 20%, then the price of the watch will be
(A) Tk. 180 (B) Tk. 210 (C) Tk. 240 (D) Tk. 270 (E) None of these
11. If the value of X and Y in the fraction XZN are both tripled, how does the value of the fraction change ?
(A) increases by half (B) decreases by half (C) triples (D) doubles (E) remains the same
12. Three workers, X, Y, and Z are paid a total of Tk. 5,500 for a particular job. X is paid 133.33% of the amount paid to Y and Y is paid 75% of amount paid to Z. How much is paid to Z ?
(A) 1,750 (B) 1,850 (C) 1,950 (D) 2,000 (E) None of these
01. C 02. D 03. D 04. B 05. B 06. C 07. E 08. D 09. E 10. C 11. E 12. D